ISLE OF PALMS
In the early 1900’s The Isle of Palms was a popular vacation and leisure destination with a hotel and amusement pavilion. In 1945 J.C. Long established The Beach Company and purchased most of the Isle of Palms. As he began development, J.C. Long provided low-cost housing to veterans returning from World War II. The Isle of Palms slowly developed into a residential bedroom community of greater Charleston while still maintaining its charm, natural beauty, and desirability as a summertime getaway destination. Today, The Beach Company still owns and continues to manage commercial properties on the Isle of Palms.
Isle of Palms, SC 29451